I have noticed award posts and award badges being displayed on the blogs of several other fellow bloggers. But I did not seem inquisitive about it until I was nominated for ‘The Versatile Blogger Award’ by Deepika! Then the curiosity took the ride and stirred my mind with several questions “Who gives me the award? What is this award for? Does being nominated by someone makes me a winner of the award? Who vote for me? Should I accept it or not? If I do, how should I accept it? Am I really eligible for an award? Will accepting an award burden me with expectations? I don’t write for awards.” and so on. I am a curious girl, you know.. And I can ask a hell lot of questions at any given time regarding anything and everything to others and myself as well! Above all the questions, winning an award seem sweet! 🙂 Some of the answers to my questions lie in the award nomination post of Deepika though.
To quench my thirst of curiosity, I started my research on the awards. As WordPress is an ocean of information, I did not have to sweat much to find what I wanted.I got the information from the Daily Post.
Some of the awards are being created by the bloggers themselves as a way to appreciate the work of fellow bloggers; some are votes based. In the first case, being nominated makes you a winner, and you have to do certain things as a part of accepting the award which would be informed by the one who nominates you. You can accept it or not. It completely depends on you. It’s not mandatory to accept an award if you are a nominee. Everyone has their own reasons for what they do and don’t do something at sometimes or don’t do something at all. It solely depends on the person. 🙂
Now the rules for accepting the award;
1.You have to thank the person who nominated you for this award and provide a link to their blog.
2. Link the nominees and inform them about their nomination. (I skipped this as I wanted this to be a surprise.I’ll inform them in two days if they fail to read)
3. Nominate at least 15 bloggers of your choice.
4. Share 7 facts about yourself.
I like to furnish the rules in a random order.
Finally, I decided to accept my first blogging award from DeepikasRamblings. Thank you so much for the nomination Deepika 🙂 She is the one who responds to almost all the daily prompts and amazes the readers with her writings. And her blog is one among the many I love to read.
Seven facts about me (Oh God! Does it really need?)
- I am an optimist, who love to believe that everything happens for a good reason ultimately.
- I created this blog 3 years and 5 months ago and it remained in a kind of coma state for almost 3 years and 3 months with at most 2 posts per year due to some reasons.
- I have already revealed that I am a curious baby 😀 Curiosity is my evergreen expression.
- I am a die hard fan of Sachin Tendulkar.
- I don’t like to wake up too early in the morning unless there is a valid reason. 😀 You may find out one of the valid reasons here. There are some other reasons as well. Will tell you later.
- I love to be happy always and want to spread positive vibes to all around me.
- I like Quilling and Photography other than Reading and Writing.
Now the nominations in a random order..
- Imperfectly Perfect
- Streets of Nuremberg
- Let’s Have Another Piece of Pie
- simple Ula
- unbolt me
- Janaline’s world journey
- Out an’ About
- Tales for Life
- pumex intellecto
- Pilot Fish
- Inner Whispers
- Light at the end of the tunnel